Weekly Meeting Log

Meeting September 29 at 20:30 (MEETINGS START ON TIME !!!)

10 minutes for each entertainers.

  • Selection of the general entertainer ( Jeremie proposes himself ) and the secretary ( ??? proposes Daan, who needs a laptop enterained by ??? )
  • Presentation of the agenda : Entertained by Jeremie
  • Return on the minute of the last week and report of whats happened : Entertained by Pascal
  • Why having meeting ? Entertained by Pascal
    • Should we keep doing it
    • Which model
    • improvement
    • Stay Technical and less confessional
  • Daan says goodbye (entertained by Daan)
  • Strong voice and attitude at the meeting. Entertained by
    • How to stay Peace with love toward people while listening
  • WorkSpace in the Office : Public VS Private. Entertained by Fabrice & Sebastian
    • Rotation
    • Schedule
  • The domino Effect. 9 November. The Massive art project. Entertained by Paul
  • Questions about what;s happening with the private common room : Entertained by Lucian and Theresa
  • Round table
    • FAST thoughts of everyone.
    • 1 minutes each.
  • Task-list to be done for the next tuesday : Entertained by ???
    • What
    • Who
    • When
    • How
  • Selection of the volunteer for next week agenda : Entertained by Jeremie
    • Build the next agenda
    • Entertained your agenda next tuesday
    • Report it in the following week
    • Present your report during the next meeting

Please be prepared.


Meeting September 22 at 20:30 (MEETINGS START ON TIME !!!)


  • Selection of the general entertainer ( Pascal proposes himself ) and the secretary ( Jeremie proposes himself )
  • Presentation of the agenda : Entertained by Pascal
  • Return on the minute of the last week : Entertained by Pascal
  • Cleaning process; DT + NUKED the place again : Entertained by Lucian
    • Who paid ?
    • Scheduling of the next steps
  • Organization of the living room : Entertained by Fabrice
    • Make it cozy
    • Make it funny
    • Make it livable
  • Learnings and thoughts about common beliefs: Entertained by Jeremie
    • sparked by Jeremie's trip to the Casa 
    • Bike and keys
  • FOOD IN THE FRIDGE : Entertained by Fabrice
    • who gives
    • Donation 10 euros/week
    • the bill on the fridge
    • The food day ?, Jeremie's idea
  • Money issue : RENT and month of October : Entertained by Theresa
    • Where goes the money
    • What to do with the extra money
    • Who build the the sheet of cost
  • New sheet in the kitchen for dinner program : Entertained by Jade
  • The new app. ; thoughts and improvement : Entertained by Pascal
    • Outbox
    • Common public workspace
    • Labels
    • Recycling forest
    • The closet exposition
  • Cleaning the project Volunteering : Entertained by Jeremie
    • Cleaning Sheets
    • Educate people
    • Bathroom cleaning box
    • Cleaning days
  • Making space for returning people; in the dorm, shelves and in the office. Entertained by Paul... or ?
    • We will be 15 by this time next week: can we fit 15 people in the dorm?
    • Do we need to rotate office space?
  • Round table
    • FAST thoughts of everyone.
    • 2-3 minutes each.
  • MISC :
    • website workshop : Entertained by Jeremie
    • ...
    • ...
  • Task-list to be done for the next tuesday : Entertained by Pascal
    • What
    • Who
    • When
    • How
  • Selection of the volunteer for next week agenda : Entertained by Pascal
    • Build the next agenda
    • Entertained your agenda next tuesday
    • Report it in the following week
    • Present your report during the next meeting

Please be prepared.





Meeting September 15 at 20:30 (meeting to start on time!)

-cleaning process. how do we feel it went
-beds


Meeting 13  September 8th at 20.30h

- News
- Clayton welcomes himself home!
- bed bugs plan of attack! 


Meeting 12  September 1st at 20.30h

-News
-Why Chris deleted all this things in the website. Lack of communication?
-New ideas, plans for the house. We never said this was a nomad base, is it?
-Pleople staying in the house: plans, how long, what intentions, what reasons, what contrubutions, what rent.




Meeting 11 - August 18th at 20.30


NEWS
Jeremy
Events   
Calendar
Rent   

Unwelcome guests (bed bugs)   

Meeting 10 - August 18th at 20.30


Agenda:
1. News and Updates
1.1 Development verdict - only answers allowed: Yes or No
2. Water buckets and wet cloths?
3. Logs?
4. Do we discuss non-contributing, non-sharring and non-committed people?
    Tau
     Paul
    Christian
    Naomi
    Jade
    Timmy
    Keinst
    Bobby
    Theresa
    Sebastian
5. Observation of the room (cluter, dishes, beer bottles, things out of place, etc.)
6. "I'll be there" form

Assistance:
Moderator: Chris
Note writer: ???

Meeting 9 - August 11th at 20.30


Agenda:
1.
News
2. The success of thee PV-day
3. University day/ day of study. (Books, libraries, etc.)
3.1 Financial day personal, internal and external.
4. Museum& Berlin..when, what
5. Reminders
5.1 LOG's


Meeting 8-4th August at 20.30


Agenda:
1. How do we receive guests?
    Should we use only this website?
2. Rent , Basics
(again)
3. Events...
4. Hiroshima...?
5. Breakfast
6. Tomorrow PV-day (contract, verein, bathroom etc.)
7. Living room

Meeting 7-Tuesday 28th July at 20.30

(meeting notes here)

To discuss:
1. Deposit
2. Lights of the bathroom,sink/toilet
3. Ula said there are 2 sweedish girls that need a place to stay. I told her that they could come for the meeting and we discuss their stay.

Assistance:

Daan will do notes/moderation, whatever is needed


Meeting 6- Tuesday 21th of July at 20.30h.


To discuss:
1. Using common space. Silence, cleanliness, other requirements. Enable more quality activities.
2. Labels, texts, posters around the apartment. Why? How?
3. Rent for August and how do we make it stable?
4. Website usability

Meeting 5-Tuesday 14th of July at 20.30h.


To discuss:
1.People living here.
2.Key copies
3.What are your limits for being in the project? some of them?



Meeting 4 -Tuesday 7th of July at 20.30h.


To discuss:

1-Jake living here, opinions of everybody about this.
2- People living here in July, August.
3- Minimum deposit of a 150 € of residents that do not express explicitly to stay shorter than 1 month.
4- General Residents discussion Issue
5-Empty fridge
6- Key Copies!?
7- Reduce target of hosting maximum of 10 couchsurfers (excluding personal friends or family as guest) to 6 or 4 couchsurfers per day.
8- As a general guideline couchsurfers don't stay in the private common room or in the dormitory unless hosts share with their own matraze.
9- Remember that we liked to ask every single inhabitant about how they feel if you want to live here and share your expectations then.




Meeting 2 - Tuesday June 23rd

 at 20.30 h. at the Caravan House

To discuss:


1.-Shower flood. How to pay. Getting an insurance?
2.- Key handling and key copies
Who found what cheaper place?
Please post prices here:
3.- Finances handling
4.- Rent for July
We need 1800€
Who is staying?
5.- Constitution of our Verein /Assotiation


Assistance

Tau: Yes

Happy news and Verein creation

posted Oct 27, 2009, 5:36 PM by christian.jp@projectvolunteering.net

Meeting of Today:

Present: Viking, Lucian, Theresa, Naomi, Fabrice, Paul, Joad, Sina, Spencer

Here is what happened:
Good news:

Paul was happy that so many people came to see his mum...
Keinst got his Intership in DC, will leave tomorrow morning and save the world...
Naomi has her last week at the job and will be full time in the PV and studying Russian...
Spencer got his internship and will stay until december and pay some rent...

Ace week so far...

Verein:
 Christian spend 4 hours at school and all his breaks thinking and talking about the Verein with his Law teacher.
 The teacher took me to his office and gave me a book and some ideas of creating a Verein.
 Elinore and Joad donated money to christian (telling him to use it for the project) which is going straight into the administration fees in creating the Verein.

Vorverin was created:
 Christian <-- Click me, I will be the ruler of the vorverein until this task is done. I know that is a lot of power and I will try to govern it fair. I invited Lucian (which shows no positive interest, nor will to act and will thus be exchanged for Sebastian) and Fabrice in the process and it will clearly be one of them evolving this project. I set a deadline on the Vorverein so I/we have to lay down the ultimate power. This is a demand from me or I will not be able to help us with the Verein, my intentions is to keep it simple and let the 7 verein members TALK (which there will be more then enough time for!).
 Fabrice
  Sebastian

Secretary and translation (since everything will be in German):
 Sebastian and Sina

The Vorverein will be of three members to collect all suggestions for the 'real' Verein.
The Vorverein has all necessary authority to create the constitution for the Verein.
The Vorverein's task is to create a Verein as flexible as possible and let the 7 Verein members form the Verein in the future.
Stuff for the constitution has to get 3/3's of the Vorvereins Votes to become a part of it. By indecisivenesses, Christian can veto votes.
The Vorverein should have arrange the first Verein meeting within 1 month from now or it will automatically be dissolved.

Rules for suggestions and Communication:
IF you are inable to say somthing positive you will help the community best by being silent.
This means that the slogan will have to change: 'we are doxxx know what is good for you'
All suggestions go straight to the Big sheet of Paper created for this in the living room or to the Vorverein.
Christian will create a draft for the blue prints of the constitution and Sebastian will translate.

After the creation of the blue prints they will be e-mailed to everyone and the following will occur:
  • 1 st round of suggestions (by the 31 st)
  • Revision of the draft (this is where the Vorverein's first task)
  • Second draft for suggestion (by the 2 November)
  • 2 nd round of suggestion (by the 7 November)
  • 2 nd Revision (by 9 November)
  • Final suggestions (by the 12 th November)
  • Last Amendments by the Vorverein (by the 14 th November)
  • Publishing of the constitution  (by the 14th)
  • Invitations for Creation of Verein (by the 16 th November)
  • Dissolving the Vorverein and leaving the task for the New chairman of the Verein (by the 27 th of November)
Budget for Verein: 80 Euro's

Verein Creation and The Demand for Happiness...

posted Oct 27, 2009, 2:18 PM by Lucian Cosinschi   [ updated Oct 28, 2009, 12:04 AM ]

Meeting of Today:

Present: Viking, Lucian, Theresa, Naomi, Fabrice, Paul, Joad, Sina, Spencer

Here is what happened:
Good news:

Paul was happy that so many people came to see his mum...
Keinst got his Intership in DC, will leave tomorrow morning and save the world...
Naomi has her last week at the job and will be full time in the PV and studying Russian...
Spencer got his internship and will stay until december and pay some rent...

Ace week so far...

Verein:
 Christian spend 4 hours at school and all his breaks thinking and talking about the Verein with his Law teacher.
 The teacher took me to his office and gave me a book and some ideas of creating a Verein.
 Elinore and Joad donated money to christian (telling him to use it for the project) which is going straight into the administration fees in creating the Verein.

Vorverin was created:
 Christian <-- Click me, I will be the ruler of the vorverein until this task is done. I know that is a lot of power and I will try to govern it fair. I invited Lucian and Fabrice in the process and it will clearly be one of them evolving this project. I said a deadline on the Vorverein so I have to lay down the ultimate power. This is a demand from me or I will not be able to help you out with the Verein, my intentions is to keep it simple and let the 7 verein members TALK (which I hate). Consider it as a gift and the only thing I demand is to do my thing!
 Fabrice
 Lucian

Secretary and translation (since everything will be in German):
 Sebastian and Sina

The Vorverein will be of three members to collect all suggestions for the 'real' Verein.
The Vorverein has all necessary authority to create the constitution for the Verein.
The Vorverein's task is to create a Verein as flexible as possible and let the 7 Verein members form the Verein in the future.
Stuff for the constitution has to get 3/3's of the Vorvereins Votes to become a part of it. By indecisivenesses, Christian can force votes through.
The Vorverein should have arrange the first Verein meeting within 1 month from now or it will automatically be dissolved.

Rules for suggestions and Communication:
Negative words is not allowed (such as: no, cannot, not, impossible, etc.), until the creation of the meeting. In case of such usage, the project will be terminated.
This means that the slogan will have to change: 'we are doxxx know what is good for you'
All suggestions go straight to the Big sheet of Paper created for this in the living room or to the Vorverein.
Christian will create a draft for the blue prints of the constitution and Sebastian will translate.

After the creation of the blue prints they will be e-mailed to everyone and the following will occur:
  • 1 st round of suggestions (by the 31 st)
  • Revision of the draft (this is where the Vorverein's first task)
  • Second draft for suggestion (by the 2 November)
  • 2 nd round of suggestion (by the 7 November)
  • 2 nd Revision (by 9 November)
  • Final suggestions (by the 12 th November)
  • Last Amendments by the Vorverein (by the 14 th November)
  • Publishing of the constitution  (by the 14th)
  • Invitations for Creation of Verein (by the 16 th November)
  • Dissolving the Vorverein and leaving the task for the New chairman of the Verein (by the 27 th of November)
Budget for Verein: 80 Euro's

Meeting 20 October 2009

posted Oct 22, 2009, 3:16 PM by paul.b@projectvolunteering.net


Paul, Spencer, Vicky, Manu, Lucian, Theresa, Keinst, Jade, Fabrice, Paul, Tommy, Sina, Sebastian, Julia, Naomi, Rueber, Daan via webcam, Fabio. One or two others came later.

(Please check that what what you said is accurate!)

Daan's Russian guests
Daan asked if his three Russian friends could stay here beginning of November even though he will only be here for part of their stay, accepted as OK. They may try to organise us; we have been warned

Getting to know each other
Yoad was not here and no one filled out the forms he asked!
There was collective embarrassment, but then we all know each other, so we moved on.

Contract
The gerneral opinion is that the contract will NOT be renewed, certainly not under Vicky's name.

General discussion as to where we will all be over the next few months.
Sebastian has a possible internship in Switzerland. Is willing to contirbute to deposit, but cannot contirbute to rent of new place.
Fabrice will be making his own project, inspired by this place, he has four so far and is looking for a place. Suggestion: perhaps this placeas no one else is willing to take over the contract...?  Fabrice is mulling it over for his project.
Jade - would like to move to Lebanon, probably in Jan will not be here
Theresa - would like to see project continue in some way. Needs a private room and would like to live in collective enviornment.
Keinst - if he stays in Berlin he would lie to stay with the project. Has interview for possible job in Washington DC, which would start in two months, will most likely head bac to the US if he gets it.
Jeremie - Berlin until Christmas (at least), cannot stay here financially. Might be staying at the teehaus
Paul - needs to be part of a more open and more creative. Staying in Berlin, not nessecarily at the project, will see how it develops.
Sina - here for November, Berlin for a few years. Her participation depends on how problems and frustrations are resolved.
Lucian - worried about the state we will be returning flat in. Will stay involved in project. Wants to see who is staying before deciding, espcially considering the lack of committment. Will be linving in Big Pink for a while in mid November
Naomi - retunring to UK in December (although is now considiering au pairing in Russia!) She's not staying in Berlin.
Fabio - Staying in Berlin, wants to stay in project. Feels its more open than other projects he has been in. Would like more privacy though. Has received compensation from previous accident and is willing to invest some of this in the project. This is, however, his only source of money. Is also actively looking for a new place with Clayton.
Vicky - would like to help in finding projects, but staying in Big Pink.
Manuel - Considers project not as an apartment. Hopes that PV could become a network, but needs more space. Wants to turn in into the friendly palce he envisioned at the start of the project, this is his current goal.
Daan/Tau (via Daan)- will be living in Berlin - 95% certain only one of them living in project - doesn't know which one. (Followed by a lot of inaudibles that I didn't catch)
Clayton (via Daan) - staying until Jan 31 at least, also helping to find a new place.

Lack of documantion re rent and transparency regarding where the figures are kept. trasnparency was "you could go ask" rather than putting figures in a central location. Paul admitted that he had not been as proactive as he could have been, and some figures are still to be updated.

Tommy said that we should take a step back or time out and look at where we have come from and what we are doing, even if the project ceases to exist.











Meeting from October 6th

posted Oct 7, 2009, 2:41 AM by Manuel Lombardi

Meeting from October 6th

Luician, Sina, Fabrice, Paul, Jeremie, Sebastian, Pascal, Theresa.
Later Clayton, Yoad, Emma (non-resident one) Or.
Seems like more people were there - Sorry if I missed your name!

Lucian meetings
Expressed lack of commitment to meetings, especially startiung late. Suggested daily meetings to talk about core project issues. We're not doing the basics of just talkind, discussing the project and where it's going and how we can develop it. This is our "work"
Fabrice - it should be kept to a tight time schedule.
Sebastian - Wants to keep Tuesday meetings, regardless of whether daily meetings take place or not.
Ran out of time at this point, meetings to begin tomorrow at 10, for a week, discuss if it worked at next meeting.


Paul - Kiwi family
Common Private room? Offer them room, see if they want it.
No further guests regarding these dates, Rueben and Julia to be added for night before.


Paul - Poor communication
Point made about poor and insensitive communication with people who have lived here and who are maybe considering coming back. A lot of people are taling initiative to tell people that there energies might not be prodcutive here and that "we" think that it might be best if the find somewhere else. Hated the wrod "we" being used when it was never discussed. Also, if people have problems with other residents not living here, it should be brought up in a meeting and NOT just sent by one person via an email. This has led to a lot of hurt feelings and feelings of being rejected.
Naomi has expressed a desire to return, possibly not long term but, short term. She will be here on Thursday afternoon to discuss.
Clayton pointed out that she possibly "closed her own door" when she left.

Christian bedbugs
Clayton - has been finding dead bedbugs, we're still spraying the mattresses. Said it was time to suck up dust and reapply the DE lair.
Lucian/Theresa - general clean up would be no harm, It's kinda dusty again!

Rent Theresa
Theresa to collect for Nov again, cash to be given to her or money to be trasnferred to her account as usual.
Sina asked how we would feel if she was to become a permanat resident, there will be space following Emma/Ula leaving.
She only has been here for two days but she has been thinking about this a lot, loves the 3-hour discussions and sees this as a very positive place for her personal growth and to see how we can promote living wihtout trying to make profit. She's also working on a bigger house project in Berlin. Mentioned another project called Nebulas and invited us to a market in Neukoelln on Satruday to introduce the people who live there.
Clayton - wants to start actively looking at more/bigger places both online and in person.
Lucian - sees this as an opppertunity to help improve communication
Theresa - be great if you could give feedback
Sina (more about Nebula) - so far, no house, jutst people coming together. Started with an ad, got a great responce ten people regularly coming for meetings. Sees it as more of a get-involved-with-the-community project, complete with open coffee shop. Sees it as a bigger version of PV. Still at the house-searching side of things.

Jeremie - Homepage feedback
It appears that people are reading it but still very confused as to what goes where and where to find specific informartion. Sina said spent two hours on the website and created an account that no one looked at. The lack of feedback really frustrated her. Clayton mentioned that people are probably only reading the homepage. People who have no knowledge of wesbite do NOT know where to look for information, whereas we do. We're accustomed to it, but some stuff can be very hard to find. Even those who did spend the time got
overwhelmed.
Jeremie felt about putting more direct links and lins to personal logs on the front page.
Lucian suggested designing a "beginners" entrance for people who aren't familiar with the site.
Other platforms were suggested, including a facebook one, Lucian stated we need to bring the ideas together and choose one. There is a learning curve and everyone should put their comments on the website. Maybe we spent too much time on encouraging people to figure it out for themselves. He is seeing feedback and suggestion about how to imrpoive it.

Jeremie - Bathroom/kitchen signup sheets
Some people like them, it encouraged them to help more and also encouraged awareness amongst guests and allowed them to volunteer more easily.
Lucian felt that it was too direct, sees it as a "this is how things work around here". Feels it pushes some poeple away (they are not allowed to help). Wants people to clean it because its dirty and not becuase they've put their name on a list or out of social obligation.
Jade - wants people to clean up after themselves and not leave it for one person. Specifically mentioned the kitchen where people just leave dishes in the sink.
Lucian asked how are we goin to create a situation that people are natually aware. Human nauture v a automatic responsibility
Jermeie - asked What is it that WE are doing - feels part of the "WE", but does not now what We is. He has put a lot of nenergy in the project, mentioned split again between what we want to do and waht we should be doing. Are the solutions working with the philosopy of PV?
Lucian said that it's where you "see" the problem. He wants a project where people do things becuase the need to be done and not because they feel oblighed to. Sometimes the solution aggrivates things rather than solve things. Here, we did not trasnmit the message that people are expected to care much more and to pay attention to people's needs moreso than they ever have before. No quick-fix. Put friendship first, then grow. Not supposed to be easy. Everyone in the leftist/hippie club sees the world as a mess and then makes another mess. Why aren't we giving it time? Why are we rushing to solve a problem?  Also feels that he was confronted by the signs and not asked and doesn't have the option to take them down.
Yoad - difference in signup sheets. Sees the kitchen as more informative - sees it as challenging and likes knowing what is beine cooked/done before hand. and see if he can also make somethgn to go with it.
Theresa brought up the subject of disagreeing but not discouraging people. Feels it's lowering the bar and making it too easy.
Jeremie decided that when bathroom sheet expires, he won't make a new one, but will bring up discussion.


The issue of swapping the workroom and livingrooms over was also breifly touched on.

Lucan gave a presentation about the PV Money side of things and brought up a lot of awareness as to where we are financially, generally beleived that we are in debt.

Lasy september meeting of 2009

posted Sep 29, 2009, 1:41 PM by daan@projectvolunteering.net

WILL ALL BE EDITED, WAIT TILL TOMORROW

The dorm will be restored as it was.

The living room seems to have evolved positively, there are plants and some cleaner instructions.

Cleaning. Paul and guests have been seen cleaning. It seems to work?

Food. We seem to have nice meals and enough ingredients.

Money. We're gathering data of the pasts months. For the next months, it's unfortunate that the people we're unsure about because they seem to be absent.

Workspace and the office

Sebastian made a sheet about everyones needs about the office space. He made a survey about who has a need for public (floating, clean up) and private (fixed,leave messy) working space.

7 people filled out the survey. It seems to little results for a conclusion, but there  is a need for both.

Our current setup support about 8 people. What if more people need quite space? Could you work somewhere else? Could other people work somewhere else? We could implement a fixed schedule as a way of communication. Sebastian stresses that we need to find the problem (= other people's needs) before we start talking about solutions.

What are the needs?
Jeremie needs a common computer 2 hours a day. He can work in any room.
Lucian and Theresa are moving into the common private room.
Sebastian has a need for a fixed workspace because he has a need to leave stuff.
Fabio doesn't need anything mentionable.
Pascal needs 4x4 hours somewhere.
Keinst was a Keinst space.
Emma needs a few hours a day.
Fabrice needs 10 11 hours a day.
If Tau is here, she probably would need a fixed space, but she is willing to try something else.
If Daan is here, he would like a place to put his desktop computer. As long as he is not using it, the place should be available.

Sebastian's flat.

Is available, Jeremie and Clayton both have a copy of the key. Sebastian sees it as a place to potentially have workshops. He objects to it's use for sleeping, due to contractual obligations.

Sebastian will not pay rent since now.

The common private room
Will be taken by Lucian and Theresa for the next month. He feels he needed to do it because it was his need.

Daan doesn't really know how to document this properly, so take the next with a grain of salt. Please everyone contribute to this part of the minutes.a

For them, it's unsustainable without a private room. Maybe it will be unsustainable with it.


ACTIONABLE ITEMS

Move shit out of the common private room. Its a bad place for the tools, for example, because they should be constantly available
Get rent data together, especially from Daan
Get the other needs from people (Jeremie).
Make a list of things to do if lucian leaves.

Meeting: September 22nd, Tea Leaves and Notes

posted Sep 23, 2009, 2:49 AM by jeremie@projectvolunteering.net   [ updated Sep 23, 2009, 2:11 AM by pascal@projectvolunteering.net ]

Meeting: Tea Leaves 
September 22nd

  • Selection of the general entertainer ( Pascal proposes himself ) and the secretary ( Jeremie proposes himself )
  • Presentation of the agenda : Entertained by Pascal 
  • Return on the minute of the last week : Entertained by Pascal
  • Cleaning process; DT + NUKED the place again : Entertained by Lucian
    • Who paid ?
    • Scheduling of the next steps
      • How to approach the 'Earth' and the strategy of engagement for the next 'Operation'.  
      • Accord: we should use it everywhere.  
      • When, Who, How: Thursday, Lucian doing work on Daan and Tau's Room and common private room (Daan volunteered to help thursday)
        • Friday, those who are left and finish the JOB: Neem, Earth, and Pesticide all rooms left. 
      • Money stories... Lucian, 300 out, 9 people donated 30 Euros, to make 270, a couple left to donate, assesment of costs will come after and if there is a surplus we can decide then.  
  • Organization of the living room : Entertained by Fabrice
    • Make it cozy
    • Make it funny
    • Make it livable
      • When, Who, How: This week, finish organisation of the room and then go from there, work with new furniture oder old.  
  • Learnings and thoughts about common beliefs: Entertained by Jeremie
    • sparked by Jeremie's trip to the Casa 
    • Bike and keys 
    •  
      • Many things said:  In conclusion, that we want to strengthen our community.  Ideas: spending more time together, after 7pm at the house? community time?
      • Ideas about developing the common beliefs in the project.  
  • Cleaning the project Volunteering : Entertained by Jeremie
    • Cleaning Sheets
    • Educate people
    • Bathroom cleaning box
    • Cleaning days
      • Sheet in bathroom, a volunteer sign up sheet for a quick clean in the bathroom, as both an assurance that the bathroom is cleaned everyday and that we feel as if we are doing this together, as an equip.  
  • FOOD IN THE FRIDGE : Entertained by Fabrice
    • who gives
    • Donation 10 euros/week
    • the bill on the fridge
    • The food day? Jeremie's idea
      • Where should the food come from and how?:  Markets, wednesdays and saturdays, Turkish Market at Yorkstrasse, and tuesdays and fridays at the Canal (kreuzberg).  Collective food buying?    Dumster diving tomorrow: Fabrice, Jeremie, and friends... 
  • Money issue : RENT and month of October: Entertained by Theresa
    • Where goes the money
    • What to do with the extra money
    • Who build the sheet of cost
      • How much money was paid, how much is owed, and where the money is going.
      • Clayton and Jeremie volunteering for finance documentation, gathering and eventually publishing it?
  • New sheet in the kitchen for dinner program : Entertained by Jeremie
  • The new app. ; thoughts and improvement : Entertained by Pascal
    • Outbox
    • Common public workspace
    • Labels
    • Recycling forest
    • The closet exposition

  • Making space for returning people; in the dorm, shelves and in the office. Entertained by Paul... or ?
    • We will be 15 by this time next week: can we fit 15 people in the dorm?
    • Do we need to rotate office space?
      • Moving shelves in the workroom, ie. plates downstairs, tools better organized, ect.  May free up to 6 shelves.   
      • Less guests, more people long term?  
  • Round table
    • FAST thoughts of everyone. 
    • 2-3 minutes each.
  • Selection of the volunteer for next week agenda : Entertained by Pascal
    • Build the next agenda 
    • Entertained your agenda next tuesday
    • Report it in the following week
    • Present your report during the next meeting
      • Developing more common informal meetings in the house, more often at home with each other, and more talking happening about the things we need to talk about.  
    • Big Dinner October 19th, Chloe's going away!!

  • Meeting finished almost on time! Actually the meeting finish on time and not almost, 8h33 until 9h33. Pause of 45 minutes. Restarted at 10h18 until 11h18. Total = 120 minutes. So yep, in time since the goal was to last for 2 hours. !!! ;-)

Meeting 15 september 2009

posted Sep 22, 2009, 3:20 AM by pascal@projectvolunteering.net



Meeting 15 september 2009

Attendees :


1-Tau
2-Jade
3-Pascal
4-Teresa
5-Lucian
6-Keinst
7-Paul
8-CRistian
9-Yoad from Israel
10-Sebastian, Late of 30 minutes !
11-Daan, Absent
12-Clayton, Absent
13-Fabrice, Absent
14-Jeremie, Absent

In order, Minute :


1- WE KEEP THE APPARTMENT OR NOT !

-Deposit issue : 550 Euros
- DeadLine :  Contract until February first

   To do :
      -Paint
      -Kitchen
      -Keys
      -Broken windows
      -Tell them 3 months in advance


2- RESPECT THE NEIGHBORS !!!

-Noise
-Music in the stairs = NO
-Clean the stairs
-No meditation in the Stairs
-No Study in the Stairs


3- BEDS :

-Keep your bed
-Dont share anymore pillow and sheet
-No guest in the Dorm
-Keep your second set of sheets
-Be clean and responsable
-Labbeled  Bed ?
-IF someone, wanna sleep into the dorm, give them a new set of sheet. There's plenty of them.
-Theres bug and lices.
-NeemOiled everithing. Bed spreaded every other day ( each 2 days ) : Two sides bed, sheet, floors, wndows, inside the mat?
-Next saturday the 19 of september, Lucian will nuked again the whole place.

MONEY:
    -Neemoil : ?? Euros
    -DE : 50 euros
    -Vaccum cleaner : ?? Euros
    -Etc...


FOR THE MOMENT 30 EUROS EACH FOR THE PROCESS. 10 people for a total of 300 EUROS ASAP !!!
1-Pascal Paid
2-Tau Paid
3-Teresa Paid
4-Jade
5-Sebastian
6-Paul
7-Cristian
8-Fabrice
9-Jeremie
10-Clayton
11-Daan
12-Keinst Paid
13-Lucian Paid
14-Noemie


4-Cleaning :

-Teresa's thoughts :
  -Be all together, Work in a team;
  -LACK OF MOTIVATION !!!
  -LACK OF PEOPLE TO HELP !!!
  -LACK OF ORGANIZATION !!!
  -LACK OF CLEANLINESS !!!

WHAT TO DO :
  -Work harder
  -Stop talking AND START ACTING !!!
  -Set standart.
  -BE SERIOUS AND ADULT  


5-General question & thoughts about the Project Volunteering :

-Do frequent meeting, programm, retrospective, what we learned, FEEDBACK. LEARNING EXPERIENCE PROCESS. REPORT. PRO and CON. Jeremies' Idea of being Honest. Telling each other what's going on. Relationship... etc...
-Learning curve/Process!!!
-This is made also for other people, share of the information on the website. MAKE PEOPLE ENGAGED INTO THE PLACE.

-Documentation = ---->> self-sustainability --> Goal ?, but in any case from each other.


6-Contribution to the project:

-Tau ask everybody, how they can contribute.
   -Paul feel lost, indivual, less involved, miss the old project which has more random people, more guest, more art, more random stuff, more mess, more disorder and party...
   -Keinst wait for call to get an internship aborad
   -Jade she has jsut enough money to pay the rent.
   -Sebastian has no money and keep organizing event/workshop and share is knowledge
   -Tau is happy to teach and learn german each day at 2 PM
   -Lucian and Teresa are an Happy couple ;-) !!!
   -Pascal is labeling everything like maniac
   -Cristian is reading and doesn't seem interested in the meeting which started to be reeeeaaallllyyyyy lllooooonnnngggggg...........


7-Educational video about the Project Volunteering :

-on you tube ---->  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM0rNNmumcc
-or ask pascal---->  for the Original Version. 10 minutes to tell people ---->> HOW TO BEHAVE IN THE PROJECT VOLUNTERING










Weekly meeting 08.09.09

posted Sep 8, 2009, 9:59 AM by theresa@projectvolunteering.net   [ updated Sep 8, 2009, 10:03 AM ]

Meeting 12 September 1st at 20.30h

posted Sep 1, 2009, 1:50 PM by jeremie@projectvolunteering.net

Meeting 12  September 1st at 20.30h

Agenda
1. News

2. Why Chris deleted all this things in the website. Lack of communication?
3. New ideas, plans for the house. We never said this was a nomad base, is it?
4. People staying in the house: plans, how long, what intentions, what reasons, what contrubutions, what rent.
5. Rearrange priorities, in meeting. 

Those who attended
-Pascal Dumont
-Sebastian
-German friend
-Keinst
-Fabrices Ukrainian friend
-Christian the Viking
-Tau
-Daan
-Jade
-German Friend numero 2
-Theresa
-Lucian
-Fabrice Renucci
-Jeremie


1. News
-Documentary tomorrow night, tuesday, 9pm Keinst
-Saturday, anti-nuclear; Kung foo workshops, if interested talk to Sebastian. 
-Bug situation, to be cleared this week
-New Dishwasher, 50 chops!!
-German classes!!  2pm with Tau!! and with anyone who is interested, one hour session everyday, everyone invited!
-Anick Marie, October 18th, is coming back!
-There will be milkshake tomorrow, the 2nd of September!  Celebration of life!
-Daan Quit his Job!!  Celebration of life!!  Plans, traveling in October, maybe november... Belguim?  Barcelona? Sweden?  Nirvana?
-Jade, did not find a job!!  Celebration of life!!  78% advancement on Tesol classes!!  So close!!
-We have a happy German who loves the project!! 
-Theresa is making big bucks massaging the masses!! watch out!
-We have a Beemer!!  Movies forever!!  Celebration of life!!
-On saturday, we have story telling night at the house, at 9pm, bring the goods!! Possible documentary screening at the house, Good boys ...
-Meditation in the Mornings, 7am, on the stairwells.  Everyday! 
-Pascal is happy!
-Our amigo, deutsch, may have found a home!! 

2. Why things were deleted...
-Discussion one : Thoughts and words on keeping ones online contribution posted on the site, or deleting it; and what this means to ones relationship with the project and those who live in the project... and why?
-Discussion two: There is a disagreement behind the motives, namely deleting things on the website, since, as the discussion was developed, the site is shared space as well as shared information, therefore by deleting a part of something that belongs to everyone, namely, again, the 'work' on the website, a part of the group feels that this action should have been discussed before it took place. Is there a lack of communication?  And/Or is there a lack of understanding towards everyones relationship to the site and the material there? And/Or is this an action that was taken in reaction to something else?  to bring attention to something?  ect.
-  Thoughts and words on reorganization of the house.  Remodeling the allocation of the rooms and purposes?  If so, how... and why? 

3. Who, why, how long...
-Fabrice staying until the 15th, then Vipassanna, then we'll see
-Jeremie, until the 16th, then back!
-Pascal, until the time comes to go...
-Amigo's, various time...

4. Rent spoken about, things are looking good.... except for Daan's PV Lending Bank!

Meeting 10

posted Aug 18, 2009, 2:03 PM by christian.jp@projectvolunteering.net   [ updated Oct 13, 2009, 12:10 AM ]

Here: Paul, Tau, Theresa, Lucian, Kenst, Daan, Christian, Jasmin, Mathew, Sina, and the naked guy.

NEWS:;

Jade: so now everybody knows!

Daan: best meeting yet, only 25 minutes late. Robino is here.

Tau: he is going to skip this one. I am back. I am going to NY 8-26 Okt, from Barcelona. Gone in Okt. Do not know if rent is sustainable for her. We got a telephone, robin set it up.

Kenst: light bulb living room

Paul: none, body expo developing. 3 body paintings this week. Bodypainting idea for secrecy and embarrassment, Most likely masks.

Lucian, Theresa, Christian: none

Guests: we are new (Mathew). .

Keiju enters: no news.

DEVELOPMENT VERDICT:
1.
- Key handling and key copies /decision and action/
YES - Solved
Tau: New lock. Two sets. Anyone who wants keys can go an copy them for 10 Euro's
Lucian: worse then before. Haha note from Lucian: Now there seems to be 2 sets of keys around instead of 3.
Tau and Daan has a set of keys if you want to make copies.
2.- Rent for July
We need 1800€
Who is staying?
YES
Theresa: July was short.
Tau: august has been painfully paid in three weeks. Did not pay the bills, because she did not have the money. Have 1830 Euro. Timmy to pay 90 more, sort of covered.
Daan: did not check for September, but will check tomorrow and let everyone know what happens. Will be pissed for the ones that did not make it. Hates the idea people are borrowing money without asking.
Paul: I always was paid before the rent.
Tau: should not be angry on the people not present.
Daan: sorry, but it is our second negative issue.
Chris: I did do it yet.
Daan: will check tomorrow. Sebastian has fun and asked whether the e-mail was about august.
Tau: a lot of people are out of space.
3.- Constitution of our Verein /Association
NO – still to be done, Free for anyone to pick up on.
4.- Projector! Can we use donation money to buy a new one? What is wrong with the ond one: is it just a cable? How much should we spend?
NO – Lucian is stil contacting the people who sold the projector.
Robino: tells about the Casa's way of getting computer, projector and etc. They contacted people on several mediums and got a lot of things.
5.- Quo Vadis: Where are we going? Where do we want to be in six or twelve months time?
YES – solved. Still and ongoing process. Lucian, Robino, Daan and Paul has a discussion on Quo Vadis. Daan and Tau are not agreeing – Paul thinks it raised thoughts for other discussion.
6.- What weekday we will hold meetings
YES - Solved
7.- How many couchsurfers can we have? Can we have couchsurfers when we are not sleeping in the house?
YES – 7 guests, hence solved. Common agreement by residents and guests that it is much better! note from Lucian: correct me if I'm wrong but the agreement ans streess is on the quality of the guests and relationships rather then number. It does happen that having many new people makes it hard to focus on quality but that is not a rule. 


WATER BUCKETS:
Tau: my mother says that we should empty the buckets after cleaning. I think if it is dirty we should throw it.

Lucian and Daan: thinks christian has a different perception of it.

Robino: who ever sees the bucket empties it.

Jasmin: but why?

Tau: we need to create a general consensus.

Robino: can not find first aid kit, nor paper or pens.

Daan: we need to get a first aid kit!

Robino sends a letter to Casas Robino.


LOGS:

Chris: Lucian, was the only one updating.

Disturbances.

Tau: was away three weeks.

Daan: we should all do it for Martha.

Robino: I read everything.


  1. Do we discuss non-contributing, non-sharing and non-committed people?

Daan: Yes, we do either it is a person or a problem.

Paul: who gets to decide who is contributing or sharing enough?

Daan: we discuss

Lucian: what if they say no?

Daan: I would ask if they misunderstood the place.

Jasmin: Keep a jar of fleas.

Lucian: what if they still do not want to go.

Daan: lucian's point is right, but if people do not join the project, they got 5 minuts.

Robino: what is it to participate, contribute, what does it really mean?

Daan: we need to be on the same page and why it is important to contribute. We care for each other.

Paul: I do not contribute on maintenance.

Tau: do you think you do not contribute?

Paul: no one told me about the cleaning operation. Contributes more creative ways.

Tau: Thinks pauls understanding is different.

Paul: we need to clarify.

Tau: I think the project is not meant to be creative.

Paul: we do need to create.

Tau: thinks this project is one thing. What ever you do is moiving it forwards or backwards.

Daan: people think we should learn from workshops, others have fun. What is the point of contributing. We need to do it in a different way.

Robino says he wants this as a workshop.

Tau: it is important for me to talk to them to know their goals.

Theresa: thinks it is frustrating not to know, but in the hindsight it was probably good. It is your personal approach.

Lucian: thinks this talk is difficult to target.

Chris: in Casa are you friends or family/kids.

Robino: Casa is where shared love is. I consider all of you my friends, I make not difference between long or short term; people I connect with can take long or short time.

Tau: Is this even on the agenda? Everyone talks to everybody, theres is only one person in this room we do not talk to.


FORM:

Lucian: does everyone know there eksists a form?

Daan: I like the stuff in the calendar.

Lucian: should we make people sign up through this?

Robino: KISS

Lucian: do people want to do that?

Theresa: I think it is a good Idea.

NAOMI ENTERS

Lucian, Bobby, Robino and Daan talks about different platforms and ways of doing the hosting.

Naomi: does anyone want black tea?

Lucian, Robino discusses what, who, why and how requests works.

Bobby: centralize it at christian.

Tau: do not think that the task should be given to anyone.

Everyone talks about how and why people should/would arrange their sleepping.

Tau: what are we talking about?

Lucian: the forum, do we want people to work this?

Bobby: it seems like one question: wheter hosting is a group thing or individual or both?

Paul: do not think people want to go through that process.

Robino: thinks everyone needs to do this, to give people a hint of the what they do.

Theresa and Jasmin: it is important to take the 2 minutes to fill out the forms.

Tau: they should fill out a forum. Make sure the forum is clear.

Paul: Forum should be conseise. 2 questions.

Chocolate.

Naomi: what do you mean when you say this makes me tick?

Jasmin agrees.

Lucian and Theresa is wondering.

Jade: I am french, I do not understand.

Lucian: 100 people wanted to come, 2 came. There is many disadvantages to this, but should we still try?

Robino: exposure of people.

Tau: lets test it.

Lucian: asks asks asks

Jade: picks up on it. Send request to all through gmail.


People entering:


Kenst: did not understand the meeting. Thinks it is weird to spend 20 minutes on a water bucket.

Chris's Battery is dead – moderator and notar leaves – 23.00

1-10 of 21